The weather was just right at the allotment this afternoon, warm but not too hot with a slight breeze - we managed to get so much done. The strawberry bed was dug over, after being covered for the last few months. We weeded out a few roots but the soil is really wonderful and so rich. In no time at all we put in our donated strawberry plants, added a few lettuces, as a 'sacrifice crop', hoping that the resident slugs would prefer these over the strawberries.... watch this space to see if this works! We planted a few marigolds around the edge too. In the meantime the weeding around the roses was being finished off. The 'companion' garlic is already showing green shoots. The brassicas are making a good recovery under their protective cloches and were given a good watering along with the broad beans. Mulching is top priority at the moment so the blackcurrants have now been given an extra layer. Weather permitting we will tackle the roses next week.
A few words
Hi, I'm Sharon!