Just planted the marigold and hollyhock seeds we saved from last year - watch this space for a progress report.
A relaxing morning was spent making paper pots from old newspapers.
The sweet peas and runner beans seeds grew well in these last year, although the tomatoes didn't flourish. We're going to try a few other seeds this year, including beetroot, chard, spinach and pumpkins to see how they fare in getting started in these paper pots.
I didn't think we would be able to go over to the allotment on Friday, according to the weather forecast we were due to be hit by a poor weather front making it's way across the Atlantic. However, the morning proved to be bright and sunny, so off we went....
We sat outside the shed for our morning break and we all agreed the plot has certainly benefited from the heavy pruning we gave the fruit trees back in December - it seems so much more light and airy.
However, as Triss pointed out, according to our plans, we're going to put in a row of runner beans across the middle of the plot, however, this will obscure the view straight down the allotment from our 'tea spot'. We all voted for putting up several wig-wam structures around the plot instead.
Although we've been really busy with the Digging and delving project we haven't forgotten about the allotment. The potatoes are chitting and our seed trays are multiplying by the day.
However, we are always open to donations so, if you have too many plants for your needs, we would happily give the excess a new home.
A few words
Hi, I'm Sharon!